Although what he did would be terrifying if you were one of those "burglarized", I found what they charged him with to be quite amusing.
Click here to read the story of the man charged with "burglary with intent to litter" after breaking into homes to masturbate.
That's it, Trav. That's the one. I could have done 8 years for trying to steal the original....
Since every sperm is sacred, I'm surprised he wasn't charged with genocide and remanded to the international war crimes tribunal in The Hague!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="1">Lew, babe... It was 1975.</font>Gae wearing her American-flag outfit at Three Rivers Stadium for the Pink Floyd concert in 1977.
Without knowing the particulars of Colorado law...
Traditionally, burglary is the breaking and entering of a building or structure with the intent of committing a felony. So for example, say Trav has a poster-sized print of Gae wearing her American-flag outfit at Three Rivers Stadium for the Pink Floyd concert in 1977. I break a window, sneak into their house, take the poster off the wall, and leave. Theft of the poster satisfied the felony requirement, and since I broke an entered, that elevates me to burglary. Now had Gae invited me into her home and then I took the poster, I'd be guilty of theft but not burglary. And if I broke and entered but had no intention of committing a felony inside, that would be (in most states) Residential Entry, which is a felony but a lesser charge than burglary.
I have a hard time believing that "littering" is a felony, so I can tell you that in Indiana or Ohio my man couldn't be charged with burglary. Again, maybe in Colorado it is, or maybe they have some other way of getting around the felony requirement.
Of course, that's not to say in Indiana or Ohio he wouldn't be in trouble. You could charge him with residential entry for sure; you could get him with some variation of corruption of a minor; and, not to gross anyone out, but you could, theoretically, charge him with attempted battery by bodily waste (which usually occurs when someone spits or pees on an officer). Although I would then have to launch into my Johnnie Cochrane mode and argue that ejuaculate is not "bodily waste" [img]wink.gif[/img]
You know, I can always count on GL to bring up the Napoleonic Code, and I can always count on LanD to bring us under international law. This time The Hague, in the past he's invoked the Geneva Convention, next time I'm sure he'll bring up the Magna Carta....
And Gae.....1975, 1977....doesn't matter, it was still HOT.....
Lew, in Missouri, the felony language is gone, and now we have the words "for the purpose of committing a crime therein". Gotta love Missouri when they try to make catch all laws.
<font size="1">Lew, babe... common sense hat + lawyer hat = oxymoron.</font>
That's why they're two separate hats.....
Bookmarks